Situated under towering slate mountains in the Victorian Engineering
workshops of Dinorwig Slate Quarry the museum tells the story of the
slate industry in Wales.
Groups can see an introductory film before enjoying a live slate-splitting
demonstration with our quarry craftsmen. Other attractions include
Quarrymen’s Houses, giant waterwheel, shop and cafe. Guided walks
and talks available for groups. Conference/meeting rooms available for
small groups of 10-30 people.
- Free Admission
- Costs apply for additional guided walks and talks
Nearest Railway Station:
- Bangor – 9 miles
- Driver incentive – complimentary refreshments available
- Complimentary refreshments available
- All year
- Easter – October daily 10am to 5pm
- November – March – Sunday to Friday 10am to 4pm
- Last admission before closing – 1 hour
Booking essential for Groups
Meetings/Conferences – The museum is ideally suited for smaller
conferences 50 max. There are two available meeting rooms.